At least one doctor is available 24 hours a day for emergencies or acute illness.
Access to Specialty Care at San Jose Foothill Health Clinic
Federally qualified health centers (FQHCs) provide access to primary care for medically underserved populations including those that are uninsured or covered by Medicaid.
According to the Health Resources and Services Administration, FQHCs that received federal grant funding served 18.8 million individuals in 2009.
While there is an emphasis on comprehensive, coordinated care, patients at FQHCs often face challenges accessing specialty care due to insurance status, inefficient referral systems, or long wait times
The featured Innovations describe three programs that improved access to specialty care in federally qualified health centers. These programs include an electronic consultation system that reduced wait times and unnecessary specialty referrals; a formalized referral process that used information technology to enhance access to specialty care; and a telemedicine program that provided retinopathy screening to patients with diabetes served by FQHCs.
The featured QualityTools include a business planning guide and toolkit designed to assist community clinics and health centers in developing networks to share specialty services, and a guide for developing a remote diabetic retinopathy screening program.
* Formalized, Technology-Enabled Referral Relationships Between Medical Center and Community Clinics Enhance Access and Reduce Inappropriate Emergency Department Visits
* Electronic Specialist Consultations Reduce Unnecessary Referrals and Wait Times for Specialty Appointments for Uninsured and Underinsured Patients
* ArchivedTelemedicine-Based Eye Examinations Enhance Access, Reduce Costs, and Increase Satisfaction for Low-Income and Minority Patients with Diabetes
* Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Practice Guide
* Sharing Specialty Services: A Business Guide and Toolkit for Community Clinics
Call Us (408) 729-9700
"Serving Our Community"
2670 South White Rd.
San Jose, CA 95148
F: (866) 931-7822
Our mission is to provide our community with high-quality comprehensive affordable medical, dental, and counseling services at our easily accessible health clinics. Seeing a need to balance the inequalities in healthcare, Foothill Community Health Center provides health services to everyone, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, immigration status, or ability to pay for services.
Copyright © 2017 Foothill Community Health Center - All Rights Reserved